Intro to Health Occupations Academy
A more intensive exploration of healthcare careers!
This academy provides an overview of the health industry. This academy is ideal if you know you’re interested in pursuing a career in a health profession and want to delve deeper in the healthcare industry. With a full 9-day program, you’ll learn about the health care system, the workplace, and the skills you need. You’ll even have the opportunity to earn a Basic CPR Certification.
With successful completion, you can earn 2 college credits!
- Dates: 9 days: Monday, June 17 through Friday, June 21 and Monday, June 24 through Thursday, June 27
- Times: 10am to 2:30pm
- Recommended for Grades: 11-12 (as of the 2018-19 school year)
- Location: The first week will be held at the Kentfield Campus; the second week will be held at the Indian Valley Campus in Novato.
- Cost: Tuition is FREE for grades 9-11, though a small amount may be required for fees ($20.50 for required Health and Transportation fees, with student signing a waiver for other fees). Just graduated seniors must pay tuition as well as fees.
- College Credits: Earns 2 college units
- Academies are for students who are in high school in Marin County; see recommended grade levels for each academy. This includes seniors who have just graduated.
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
- For accepted applicants, attendance at one of the orientations on May 30 or June 1 is required. In addition, a Parent Consent (CCP) Form and an Intent to Participate Form will need to be completed and brought to the orientation. Supplemental forms for all academies will be emailed to students upon acceptance into the program.
- Questions? Call us at 415.457.8811 x8200 or email email@example.com.
JOIN THE WAITLIST Health Careers Academies
What will you learn?
By taking the Intro to Health Occupations Academy, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the roles, responsibilities, education and experience of a variety of health care providers.
- Identify various health care delivery systems as: health care reform, evolution, levels of health care, health care services, clients/patients rights and responsibilities, financing, agencies and innovations.
- Identify skills needed by all health care workers: communication, technical, thinking, computational and technology.
- Identify physical, mental and emotional demands of the workplace.
- Identify various personality types and relationships to health careers.
About the Career Academies
- You may apply to (and be accepted to) more than one Career Academy.
- Cost: For all classes, TUITION IS WAIVED FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Other fees may apply. For any academies including college credits, graduated high school students must pay regular College of Marin tuition as well as any applicable fees.
- Location: Most classes are at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus; see class descriptions for details.
- Program acceptance: You will be notified by email by Friday, May 10 if you have been accepted into the academies you have applied to.
- Orientation Requirement: You MUST be able to attend one of these mandatory orientations (if you are accepted into more than one Career Academy, you only need attend orientation once):
- Thursday, May 30, 6-7:30pm
- Saturday, June 1, 10-11:30am