Intro to Health Occupations Academy
Explore careers in the leading industry for career growth!
This academy provides an overview of the health industry. Learn your career options for all ranges of health professions. With successful completion, you can earn 2 college credits upon completion! You will also have the opportunity to earn their Basic CPR Certification.
- Dates: 9 days: Monday, June 17 through Friday, June 21 and Monday, June 24 through Thursday, June 27
- Times: 10am to 2:30pm
- Recommended for Grades: 11-12 (as of the 2018-19 school year)
- Location: The first week will be held at the Kentfield Campus; the second week will be held at the Indian Valley Campus in Novato.
- Cost: Tuition is FREE for grades 9-11, though a small amount may be required for fees ($20.50 for required Health and Transportation fees, with student signing a waiver for other fees). Just graduated seniors must pay tuition as well as fees.
- College Credits: Earns 2 college units
- Academies are for students who are in high school in the 2018-19 year; see recommended years for each academy. This includes seniors who have just graduated, but for any academies including college credits, they must pay regular College of Marin tuition as well as any applicable fees.
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
- For accepted applicants, attendance at one of the orientations on May 30 or June 1 is required. In addition, a Parent Consent (CCP) Form and an Intent to Participate Form will need to be completed and brought to the orientation. Supplemental forms for all academies will be emailed to students upon acceptance into the program.
ONLINE APPLICATION OPENS ON APRIL 1
Applying for College of Marin Career Academies
- You may apply to (and be accepted to) more than one Career Academy.
- Cost: For all classes, TUITION IS WAIVED FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Other fees may apply.
- Location: Most classes are at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus; see class descriptions for details.
- Program acceptance: You will be notified by email by Friday, May 10 if you have been accepted into the career program(s) you have applied to.
- Orientation Requirement: You MUST be able to attend one of these mandatory orientations (if you are accepted into more than one Career Academy, you only need attend orientation once):
- Thursday, May 30, 6-7:30pm
- Saturday, June 1, 10-11:30am