Entrepreneur / Start-Up Academy
Dream of owning your own business?
Ever thought about being your own boss? In this academy, you’ll explore entrepreneurial ideas — and learn what it takes to start-up and run your own business. The week-long program included guest speakers, exercises, and fun, as well as taking a business idea and planning it out. In this class, you’ll learn how to transform your idea into a plan, including:
- The importance of business plans to a new venture
- Feasibility analysis
- The structure of a business plan
- Industry analysis
- Market analysis
- Marketing plan
- Organizational and legal plan
- Operations and product plan
- Financial projections
- Funding options
- Planning for contingencies, planning for growth
- Presenting a business plan
For full course description, see the BUS127 outline.
- Dates: 5 days: Monday, July 15 through Friday, July 19
- Times: 9am to 3pm
- Recommended for Grades: 9-12 (as of the 2018-19 school year)
- Location: Indian Valley Campus in Novato
- Cost: Tuition is FREE for grades 9-11, though a small amount may be required for fees ($20.50 for required Health and Transportation fees, with student signing a waiver for other fees). Graduating seniors must pay tuition as well as fees.
- College Credits: Earns 1.5 college units
- Academies are for students who are in high school in Marin County; see recommended grade levels for each academy. This includes seniors who have just graduated.
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
- For accepted applicants, attendance at one of the orientations on May 30 or June 1 is required. In addition, a Parent Consent (CCP) Form and an Intent to Participate Form will need to be completed and brought to the orientation. Supplemental forms for all academies will be emailed to students upon acceptance into the program.
- Questions? Call us at 415.457.8811 x8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOIN THE WAITLIST Entrepreneur Academy
Are you interested in starting your own restaurant or food business? Apply for BOTH the Entrepreneur Academy AND THE Culinary World Academy.
About the Career Academies
- You may apply to (and be accepted to) more than one Career Academy.
- Cost: For all classes, TUITION IS WAIVED FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Other fees may apply. For any academies including college credits, graduated high school students must pay regular College of Marin tuition as well as any applicable fees.
- Location: Most classes are at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus; see class descriptions for details.
- Program acceptance: You will be notified by email by Friday, May 10 if you have been accepted into the academies you have applied to.
- Orientation Requirement: You MUST be able to attend one of these mandatory orientations (if you are accepted into more than one Career Academy, you only need attend orientation once):
- Thursday, May 30, 6-7:30pm
- Saturday, June 1, 10-11:30am