Explore a Career in Education!
Like working with children or think a career in Education is for you? Apply for the Education Careers Academy and learn about careers in Early Childhood Education, Elementary School Teaching, Middle/High School Teaching, School Administration, Special Education, Coaching/Athletic Education.
- Dates: 5 days: Monday, June 24 through Friday, June 28
- Times: 9am to 3pm
- Recommended for Grades: 9-12 (as of the 2018-19 school year)
- Location: Marin County Office of Education
- Cost: Tuition is FREE
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com or call 415-491-6638.
- Academies are for students who are in high school in the 2018-19 year; see recommended years for each academy. This includes seniors who have just graduated, but for any academies including college credits, they must pay regular College of Marin tuition as well as any applicable fees.
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
- For accepted applicants, attendance at one of the orientations on May 30 or June 1 is required. In addition, a Parent Consent (CCP) Form and an Intent to Participate Form will need to be completed and brought to the orientation. Supplemental forms for all academies will be emailed to students upon acceptance into the program.
ONLINE APPLICATION OPENS ON APRIL 1
Applying for College of Marin Career Academies
- You may apply to (and be accepted to) more than one Career Academy.
- Cost: For all classes, TUITION IS WAIVED FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Other fees may apply.
- Location: Most classes are at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus; see class descriptions for details.
- Program acceptance: You will be notified by email by Friday, May 10 if you have been accepted into the career program(s) you have applied to.
- Orientation Requirement: You MUST be able to attend one of these mandatory orientations (if you are accepted into more than one Career Academy, you only need attend orientation once):
- Thursday, May 30, 6-7:30pm
- Saturday, June 1, 10-11:30am