Career Exploration Academy
Explore paths to your future career
This class has ended – info for reference only. Check back in March-April 2019 for next summer’s class.
Career Exploration is a credit-earning opportunity to delve into understanding yourself and how you can best pursue your interests and use your skills given the career market. Students earn a one-unit, CSU transferable credit for course completion!
- Explore potential college majors and career titles
- Discover your work-related values and how your career path can fulfill these
- Examine career market opportunities
- Learn about yourself through self-assessments, exploring what careers are best for your abilities and interests
Dates: 4 days: Monday, June 18 through Thursday, June 21
Times: 9am to 2pm
Location: Indian Valley Campus in Novato
Cost: Tuition is FREE, though a small amount may be required for fees ($20.50 for required Health and Transportation fees, with student signing a waiver for other fees).
- This Academy is for high school students grades 10 thru recent graduates.
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
- In addition to the online application, a Parent Consent (CCP) Form and an Intent to Participate Form will need to be completed and brought to the mandatory orientation on either 5/19/28 or 5/23/18. Supplemental forms for all academies will be emailed to students upon acceptance into the program.
Applying for College of Marin Career Academies
- You may apply to (and be accepted to) more than one Career Academy.
- Cost: For all classes, TUITION IS WAIVED FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Other fees may apply.
- Location: Most classes are at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus; see class descriptions for details.
- Program acceptance: You will be notified by email by Friday, May 11 if you have been accepted into the career program(s) you have applied to.
- Orientation Requirement: You MUST be able to attend one of these mandatory orientations (if you are accepted into more than one Career Academy, you only need attend orientation once):
- Saturday, May 19, 10-11:30am at College of Marin Kentfield Campus, Rm AC255
- Wednesday, May 23, 6-7:30pm at Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Ave, San Rafael, CA 94903