College of Marin Summer Career Academies
for High School Students
An Award-Winning Program
College of Marin has received the 2018 Golden Bell Award for its Career Academies for High School Students!
2018 classes have ended – check back March/April 2019
This page for informational purposes only
College of Marin and the Marin County Office of Education offer these special educational academies exclusively for high school students. These classes have limited space — and are FREE (nominal charges may apply to classes that earn credit). The Summer Academies fill up fast.
Completing an application is required separately for each academy.
STEP 1: APPLY
- Monday, April 2 – Application opens for Summer Academies
- Sunday, May 6 – Waitlist applications start
- Friday, May 11 – Students notified of acceptance
STEP 2: ATTEND AN ORIENTATION
(Summer Academies Only)
Once accepted, students must attend one of the following mandatory orientations:
- Saturday, May 19, 10-11:30am at College of Marin Kentfield Campus
- Wednesday, May 23, 6-7:30pm at Marin County Office of Education
- Additional orientation TBD for accepted waitlist students
4 Days June 18-21
Career Exploration is a credit-earning opportunity to delve into understanding yourself and how you can best pursue your interests and use your skills given the career market.
Students earn 1 CSU-transferable college credit for course completion!
5 Days, June 18-22 OR June 25-29
Learn how to create a video game using Unity gaming software. Unity is the engine behind almost 1/3 of top games and storytelling projects and is used by Coca-Cola, Disney, Electronic Arts, LEGO, Microsoft, NASA, Nexon, Nickelodeon, Square Enix, Ubisoft, Obsidian, Insomniac and Warner Bros.
5 Days, June 25-29
Curious about starting and running your own business? Not the type to work for someone else? Over a third of the workforce are contractors or business owners!
Learn what it takes, explore business planning, and discover your dreams for your own business. Earns 1.5 college credits.
SunPower Solar Energy
5 Days, June 25-29
Learn what it’s like to work in the solar industry. Through hands-on activities, field visits, intensive training and lectures from solar professionals, you’ll learn how to design, finance and sell a residential solar system!
9 Days, July 9-13 & 16-19
Explore careers in the leading industry for career growth. This academy provides an overview of health care occupations.
Health care is a growth industry. Students can earn 2 college credits with successful completion!
5 Days, July 16-20
Delve into careers in cybersecurity and other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields. Learn about securing networks, securing futures!
- You can sign up for more than one academy, but must apply to each one separately.
- All academies require application for entry.
- Most classes approximately 9am-3pm daily.
- Students who have graduated before the academies start may apply, but must pay applicable college tuition and fees.
Questions? Contact Sita Williams at email@example.com